I have had some Amy Butler fabric for 18 months that has been waiting to be turned into a pretty dress. I finally decided to take the plunge and cut my expensive fabric. I used New Look pattern 6048 to make a cute 1950s style summery dress.
As I was cutting the pattern out I checked to make sure it looked long enough in the body and the skirt. I added an extra 4cm at the waist and 5cm to the skirt length. I often find the waist of dresses too high and the skirts not long enough, this turned out to be the perfect amount as the dress fits really well.
On the whole the instructions were clear and easy to follow with helpful ‘workroom tips’. I managed to make this dress in about 6 hours, but I did have to work quite hard to get it done in that time. The contrasting colour around the neckline was a little tricky, but the instruction were clear which helped a lot. I decided not to make the matching belt as I would be unlikely to wear it.
I will make this pattern up again. I especially like the bodice. It fits well and the neckline is pretty.