At tomorrow’s book club meeting, we will be discussing A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle (the first Sherlock Holmes novel). Here are a few questions we will be considering:
- How do you think Part 1 contrasts with Part 2?
- What surprised you, if anything, about the book?
- Did you guess how the mystery unfurled? Did it frustrate you if you did / didn’t?
- What do you make of Holmes and Watson and how do they compare to any TV or film adaptations you have seen?
- Would you like to read more Doyle?
Feel free to bring along any discussion points or opinions of your own – this is just to get things started.
Also, remember that you are welcome to come along to sit ‘n’ sew even if you haven’t read the book!