I saw a picture of some knitted bunting and thought that was a good way to use up some of my odd balls of yarn. It is also really pretty!
I tried a few times before I got the ratio of increases right. This is the pattern I came up with. I used double knit yarn and 4mm needles this gives a 13cm long triangle. Any weight of yarn should work, use the size of needle recommended on the yarn, your triangles will just be a different size to mine.
- Cast on one (basically just your slip knot)
- increase = 2 stitches
- increase one stitch at each end of row = 4 stitches
- knit two rows
- *increase one stitch at each end of row
- knit 3 rows*
- repeat pattern from* to * until you have 28 stitches, knit a further two rows and then cast off
- weave in your ends and stitch your triangles to some ribbon and then find somewhere to hang it