This was another challenge set by my other half, who came home from work with a pile of printed plastic cards.
They were test cards for college ID cards, but you could use any plastic from ice cream cartons or similar.
They sat around for a while as I looked for the perfect project, and eventually I came up with all weather bunting. I cut the cards into triangles and secured them along the top using a strip of duct tape, before putting them up on my shed.
He complimented me on them without realising what I had used to make them, so I think that means I had risen to the challenge!
The other set of bunting was a bit more conventional, and inspired by Kate’s bunting. An old school friend was expecting a baby, so I wanted to make her a gift. We knew it was going to be a girl, so I bought some pink items for pennies from charity shops (the best being a patchwork tea cosy) and some pink bias binding.
Each flag is double sided, decorated with embroidery and buttons. Most of the clothes I bought were made of t-shirt material, which isn’t the best to work with, but it does give a nice soft effect.
Both projects were quick and I was pleased with the results. It is a shame the plastic cards didn’t come in a variety of colours, but they are ok.