We’ll be aiming to run this as a relatively free-form discussion, but thought you might like some topics to think about beforehand, to help get conversation flowing on the night…
- Do you believe Ariel’s experiences? Or is the book symbolic rather than literal?
- What would you describe as the key themes of the book, and what effect did they have on you when you were reading it?
- Did Ariel as a character have an effect on your enjoyment of the book – did you find her sympathetic, careless, well-rounded?
- Did the book surprise you – was it what you expected?
- What are your feelings on the Troposhere?
- If you had (or didn’t have) any prior knowledge of the subjects discussed (science/philosophy) did it affect your enjoyment of the book?
Looking forward to seeing you all there – I haven’t even finished the book yet, and already have plenty to say on the matter!
~ Caroline x